Host a Fundraise for Meso Event
Planning your own Fundraise for Meso event also gives you the opportunity to join our growing community of fundraisers who are raising awareness and funds all while having fun!
Getting Started is as Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Spark your event planning creativity by reading our Event Planning Toolkit. Then browse our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Review our Fundraise for Meso Event Guidelines and sign an Event Agreement.
- Create your personal event registration and fundraising page and start fundraising for the Meso Foundation!
Ready to Fundraise for Meso?
Create your event page using GoFundMe
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or by phone at 703-879-3797.
More About Our New Fundraising Pages Powered by GoFundMe
What is GoFundMe? No matter what type of fundraiser you decide to hold, GoFundMe — the fundraising tool used by the Meso Foundation — enables you to create a personal event page to process registrations, track donations, update content and ask friends and family to support your cause.
How does this help the Meso Foundation? The GoFundMe tool is an easy and fun way to raise money in support of the Foundation and those affected by mesothelioma. Your gift enables the Foundation to fund research towards a cure, provide patient and family support services, and so much more.
How to get started:
- Go to https://www.gofundme.com/start/charity-fundraising and search for “Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation.”
- Sign up for an account with GoFundMe or log-in to an existing account.
- Confirm that you wish to join the team supporting the Foundation and after this you will have your own fundraising page.
- Personalize your page by changing the text and uploading photos or videos on your personal fundraising page by clicking the “Edit Fundraiser” tab or use the content that is pre-populated.
It’s easy to fundraise!
Now that your personal fundraising page is set up, you are ready to ask friends and family for donations.
Share your fundraiser with all your friends by selecting the Ask for Donations button under the Manage Campaign tab and then share your page via email, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Once the donations are processed, your donors will receive a confirmation page and a tax-receipt acknowledging their gift from Network for Good, which processes donations made on the GoFundMe tool. Donations made through the Meso Foundation GoFundMe page are fully tax deductible (whereas checks made out to you or your event are not).
If you would like to host an event and not use GoFundMe, please contact the Meso Foundation at [email protected] or 703-879-3797.
You can see all upcoming Fundraise for Meso events at curemeso.org/fundraisingcalendar.